No matter what industry you’re in, there’s one component of your website that’s absolutely critical: your ‘About Us’ page. Search engines love to see them, and readers love to connect with the people on your team. Here’s what you need to include:
- A Little History: If your company is fairly new, play up your fresh ideas and cutting-edge techniques. If you’ve been around a while, talk about your experience and legions of satisfied customers. Either way, let us know where your company came from, but don’t overdo it. A paragraph is plenty.
- Your Services: There’s no need to go into great detail on an About Us page – that’s what a Services page is for – but don’t forget to talk about your business in at least some detail. Your readers will start to think of you as an expert in your field.
- Motto or Slogan: Your company is more than just a service provider. There’s some unique philosophy that guides your business, and this is a perfect place to share it. Just keep it short: no more than a sentence or two.
- Area Keywords: For SEO purposes, it’s always good to include your service area as a key phrase. Moreover, you’ll connect more directly with your likely customers and establish yourself as a local expert.
- First- and Second-Person: It’s called an About Us page, not an About (Company Name) page, and for good reason. Use “we,” “us” and “our” to describe your company and “you” and “your” when addressing your readers. Inclusive language helps to build relationships with your customers.
Do all that in about 300 words, and you have another tool to help your company bring in and connect with customers.